Insights on Pledge Agreement, Deposit Agreements, UCC Financing Statements and much more!
It is important to comprehend the documentation and strategic benefits and limitations of employing various different types of security instruments, including pledge agreements, deposit and control agreements, UCC financing statements and other collateral assignments to address unique issues such as securing rights to bond payments, tax reimbursements, escrowed funds and other similar matters. You will understand the role of UCC financial statement in this seminar, learning how UCC is not a security agreement and it only provides notice to third parties.
Join Ren R Hayhurst in this riveting 90 session to learn the differences between the various instruments and the reasons for selecting one collateral approach over another, including a consideration of potential bankruptcy issues. It is important for you to know what are the bankruptcy issues that are faced, for example, Possession is preferable and pledge of collateral from third party is not affected by BK filing by borrower. Finally, there will be a discussion of these issues from both the lender and the borrower/sponsor points of view. In addition, the attendees will also get the PowerPoint’s, handouts, checklist, cheat sheet, and practical examples.
- Pledge Agreements
- Deposit Agreements
- UCC Financing Statements
- Collateral Assignments
- Managing reserves, impounds and holdback
- Difference between cash collateral and pledged accounts
- Types of security arrangements
- Common uses of pledged accounts
- Application of pledged funds
- Security Interests in Personal Property Collateral
- Impact of real property as part of collateral package
- Type of personal property dictates form of security arrangement
- Contract rights
- Deposits, security and Escrow accounts
- Bankruptcy issues
- Trends in Lender Liability: CA, OR and WA Concerns
- Recent CA Cases
- Secured guaranties – new trends
Who should attend
Primarily business people, including lenders, investors, and developers
Ren Hayhurst’s practice focuses on all aspects of structured finance transactions, including real estate and commercial loan documentation, real estate loan workouts and foreclosure, receivership and loan/guaranty enforcement litigation. Mr. Hayhurst has created widely used forms for standard and revolving...More info